Danú Celtic shield Urn
A smaller keepsake Urn for ashes, the Danú Celtic shield Urn, which can be crafted with an Ivory or ebony style. Sculpted and hand-carved on all sides from a 50-year-old Ash tree that Seamus has dried for 5 years in his workshop. The wood has been bleached and highly polished and finished with a beautifully turned burr Elm Celtic shield with a golden rivet surrounded by finely turned rings.
Design Influence Danú
the most popular of all the Irish gods and the mother of the children of the Tuatha De Danann.( Associated with the Cremation
Tomb at Newgrange
. She was the goddess of Wisdom, Earth, Fertility, and wind. The Mist of Ireland is thought to be the caring embrace of Danú. Seen to have a nurturing and loving nature freely sharing her wisdom.
- Danú is the most ancient of the Irish Celtic gods.
- She was considered the mother of the Irish gods.
- It is thought that she represented the earth and its fruitfulness.
- Many place names in Ireland are associated with her.
- Rivers are associated with her, and represent the fertility and abundance in a land.
- The name origin and meaning “dan” in ancient Irish means wisdom, poetry, knowledge, and art.
Seamus creates bespoke keepsakes Urns and full-size urns using his decades of experience and mastery of wood. His Urns highlight the beauty of each piece of wood and the fine workmanship can be seen in the texture of each object taking long of hours of craftsmanship.
The color of each piece is enhanced by oiling multiple times to really bring out the natural grain and depth of color and some elements of his work allow him to use scorched timer or bleached wood to further enhance his creations. Our artisan carefully selects and drys his own wood as Seamus insists on taking responsibility for the quality of each piece from tree to its final home.
The Danú Celtic shield Urn is transported in the appropriate packaging to remove any risk of damage.