Irish Wake Toast – extra tumblers (4)
4 extra tumblers - Only available if The Irish Wake set is also purchased.
The Irish wake has long been regarded as the most healthy way to say goodbye. Taking time, surrounded by the people you love, helping each other come to terms with the loss and move slowly through the grieving process. The Irish Wake Toast allows all present to Raise a Glass to a life well-lived.
The Irish wake set is used before, during, or after the wake by the closest of family or friends to wish them well on their journey. With soothing Irish Music, the scent of Ireland, why not pour a wee deoch (Juk) of Irish Whiskey and make the last Toast?
The toast whether off the cuff, or a traditional toast,
is in itself an act of healing that can is repeated on other special days and celebrations.
Watch the fascinating video by Kevin Toolis and the BBC called My Father's Wake - secrets of the Irish Wake.
- Four Whiskey tumblers ( 2 cupán uisce beatha).
- Irish Whiskey not included!
- The Candle Scent on the Slieve Foy green set is called 'The Burren' - An earthy blend of fragrances evoking the scents of the Burren with notes of mosses, woods, turf and flora.
- Candle scents have been specifically and exclusively blended and proudly hand poured for inclusion in our Irish Wake Set by Seamus Rafferty of Narrow Water Candles in Warrenpoint.
Our artisan mixes his own glazes. The colors are earthy so they represent the timeless beauty found in the nature of Ireland.
- Slieve Foy Green with Triple Celtic knot design representing infinity and eternity.
Irish Language at a Wake.
Here are some Irish words to add to the last Toast.
- Uisce beatha ( water of life)... whiskey
- An Tórramh Gaeilge ... the Irish wake
- Sláinte ... ( Slon-Chaa)... to your health
- Slán agat (Slon A Gut)... farewell ( this is said when you know you will see that person again )
- Cad a bheas agat?- what are ya having? ( to drink)
- Do ya want a wee 'Deoch'(Juk) - Means ..do you want a short.
Urn Presentation Box
The Cupáns are packed in twos in beautiful Irish made presentation box, and while 2 is the standard set, we can add more - just let us know.